Hulless Gourmet Popcorn Line
Popcorn is a healthy, whole grain snack. Whole grain means that it contains the entire grain, including the outside, or hull. The term “hullless popcorn” is a bit of a misnomer because all popcorn has a hull. However, some popcorn varieties have a hull that is naturally tender. These gourmet popcorns tend to be smaller than the popcorn you are used to and have smaller hulls that are easier to chew and less likely to get stuck in your teeth or your gums. If you love popcorn but have been avoiding it because of large, sharp hulls, consider giving one of our “hullless” gourmet popcorn varieties a try.
Although these tiny varieties are slightly more expensive than typical 'cardboard' popcorn, consider this: Most of these varieties produce 800-900 pounds per acre compared to the overfertilized commercial varieties that typically produce over 13,000 pounds per acre.
We recommend popping all of our smaller varieties using a medium to low heat as they do not contain the moisture content of the 'huge' varieties and take a "tiny" bit longer to pop!
Hulless Popcorn Special! - $27.95
All 6 varieties of our 1lb Hulless Popcorn Bags!
Our Hulless Popcorn Special features all 6 varieties including: Petite Princess Amber, Baby Pearl, Baby Opal, Baby Yellow Topaz, Southwestern Gold, and Baby Blue Sapphire!
Our Hulless Line of Popcorn
- Petite Princess Amber is indeed the royalty of our line of gourmet popcorns. This popcorn requires such specialized care and patience to grow that it is only produced by one Iowan family, and only in small amounts. The family has been growing Petite Princess Amber for a century. It’s the world’s smallest popcorn and is light, crunchy and naturally tasty. Try it on its own or with just a touch of Natural Pink Mineral Salt Seasoning.
- Baby Pearl is a small, tender, lightweight and flavorful. Baby Pearl pops up pure white and would be delicious with a little of our Kosher Pure Dried Butter and Natural Pink Mineral Salt to give it just a little kick while still allowing the natural flavor to come through.
- Baby Opal, with its stunning shades of blue and purple unpopped kernels, is pretty enough to sit on your table as part of your holiday décor before it’s popped in a one of our old fashioned popcorn poppers as a pre-dinner snack or after dinner treat. Baby Opal has a crunch and a trace of sweetness that goes well with our Kettle Corn Seasoning.
- Baby Yellow Topaz is extraordinarily tender and flavorful. All it needs to become the perfect snack is a few minutes in one of our Old Fashioned Popcorn Poppers so that every last delicious kernel pops up perfectly without scorching and a dash of our Kosher Pure Dried Butter seasoning.
- Southwest Gold gourmet popcorn is a rare treasure. Both the red and yellow kernels grow on the same ear of corn and each has their own unique flavor. The yellow kernels pop up with a bold flavor while the red kernels are sweet. You hardly need any additional seasoning to enjoy this rare and delicious gourmet popcorn.
- Baby Blue Sapphire has the beautiful blue and red hues of the rarest sapphire stones. The tiny, delicate kernels are grown in Indiana where it is meticulously cared for. This rare popcorn pops up small and crunchy with a slightly sweet flavor. Sure to become a favorite!